I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Libraries

Me - Libraries, wow! The library is my favorite place in the universe other than Barnes and Noble. Lately, I have been going there a lot and getting like 13 books each time. Then, it takes me forever to read them all even though I read a lot. I usually go to my Grandma's library. I like it better than our library. I know a lot of the librarians, and they are really friendly. Also, I know my way around better at my Grandma's library. I loves all kinds of book, but mostly fiction. I especially like realistic fiction and fantasy. I rarely read non-fiction except when I have to for school. When I was little, my Mom used to take me to storytime at the library. I used to go to the library a lot. Then, for a while we stopped going to the library that much until my sister, Aurella started going to storytime. When she was little we went to the library a lot again and took out lots of books. When she got too old for storytime we stopped going and didn't go for a really long time. Just recently,we have started to go to the library again. I'm glad. I love going to to the library and taking out lots of books.

Mom - As you may already know if you are regular reader of this blog, in our family we love books and are avid readers. Melia and I are always reading and very often we are even reading two, three or even four books at a time. Aurella is just learning to read, but she loves being read to. My husband likes to read too, but he doesn't read as much as he used to. Because of our love of reading, one of our favorite places is the library. When the girls were little I used to take them every week for storytime and/or arts and crafts. We always took out quite a few books at a time (and still do) because we read so much and go through books so quickly. My father is always teasing Aurella that she doesn't leave any books for the other kids. Lately, between winning books on blogs, obtaining books from the exchange book club, Paperback Swap, and  getting free kindle books from Amazon I have not borrowed many books for myself from the library. Besides, I hate having to worry about returning books, and we don't always have time to go to the library every week liked we used to. I may start borrowing more books now though because I can borrow books on kindle, get them automatically and have them returned automatically as well and never actually have to go to the library and/or worry about due dates. However, my girls still like to go to the library to get books. We go sometimes, but not as often as before because I worry about not getting the books  back on-time. Some libraries let you renew books on-line at least which is nice. Sometimes, I renew books on-line just because we don't have time to return them and not because we are not finished with them. Our library only lets us take out books for two weeks at a time. I prefer the library in my Mom's town where books are due after three weeks instead of two and most of the librarians are nicer. I took Melia to storytime at our library, but since the librarian we liked there transferred to another branch of the library further away, I took Aurella to my Mom's library for storytime and arts and crafts when she was little. I kind of miss going to storytime with my girls. It is just another sign of how much my girls are growing up and how quickly time passes.

And that's our view. Do you like going to the library?

Tune in Monday for another topic.